- This event has passed.
October 11, 2017 @ 2:45 pm - 3:15 pm
Speaker: Raymond McCauley
What happens when biology becomes digital and can be programmed like personal computers and smartphones?
- Learn about the difference between digital biology and old-school biology.
- Reading DNA — dropping costs; medical and consumer examples; biodefense; future uses.
- Writing DNA — as a coding exercise; CRISPR/Cas9; examples in industry, food, medicine, humans, environment; ethics.
- Hacking Biology — biohackspeaces; as education; as invention hubs; as innovation; local examples; how to participate.
- What will the trends in digital biology mean for our jobs, our families, our lives, and ourselves? What’s coming next?
View slides from the presentation.