- This event has passed.
October 11, 2017 @ 11:05 am - 11:30 amwiredman
Speaker: Andreas M. Antonopoulos
This session explores the true potential of decentralization and how the way we interact digitally will fundamentally change the hierarchical systems of today.
- Social institutions are based on 19th century models born from industrialization – hierarchy and bureaucracy – that don’t scale.
- The Internet has shown us ways to organize at a larger scale with flat and non-hierarchical networks (decentralized organization).
- Bitcoin and open blockchains extend that model of organization and add a model for trust at scale.
- Networks that scale allow us to organize more efficiently than bureaucratic institutions that don’t scale. Eventually, one replaces the other.
- Bitcoin is more than just money – it’s a new model for organizing trust.