Speaker: Andreas M. Antonopoulos
This session explores the true potential of decentralization and how the way we interact digitally will fundamentally change the hierarchical systems of today.
– Social institutions are based on 19th century models born from industrialization – hierarchy and bureaucracy – that don’t scale.
– The Internet has shown us ways to organize at larger scale with flat and non-hierarchical networks (decentralized organization).
– Bitcoin and open blockchains extend that model of organization and add a model for trust at scale.
– Networks that scale allow us to organize more efficiently than bureaucratic institutions that don’t scale. Eventually, one replaces the other.
– Bitcoin is more than just money – it’s a new model for organizing trust.